Spicy Rapid Roast Chicken
Posted in: Poultry
Wed, Nov 23, 2011, 06:00, 12 Years ago
0 out of 5 with 0 ratings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse chicken thoroughly inside and out under cold running water and remove all fat. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Put chicken into a small baking pan. Rub with olive oil. Mix the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, paprika and cayenne pepper together and sprinkle over chicken.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 400 degrees and roast until done, about 25 minutes longer for a 2 pound bird or 40 minutes longer for a 3 pound bird.
- Let cool 10 to 15 minutes and serve.
1 (3 pound) whole chicken1 tablespoon olive oil1/4 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper1/4 teaspoon dried oregano1/4 teaspoon dried basil1/4 teaspoon paprika1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper